My busy-mama self appreciates the fact that the skin is entirely edible. (Anything to cut down on prep time!)
My five-year-old calls it “nature’s candy.” It’s that good.
Roasted Delicata Squash Rings
- 2 delicata squashes, rinsed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP pork lard
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each squash into two halves.
- Scoop the seeds and pulp out with a small spoon. (Place the seeds in a small bowl, cover with water and refrigerate overnight.)
- Cut into slices, approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Add salt to squash rings. Mix.
- Melt pork lard over low heat on stovetop.
- Drizzle pork lard over squash rings. Toss to coat.
- Lay flat on baking sheet and cook at 375 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, flip squash rings, and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- You will want to keep an eye on them as cooking times will vary depending on the sugar content of your squash and how thick your slices are. You want them to be fairly soft and browning around the internal edges. Enjoy!