Remember how I told you it was seldom that my two big kids agreed on a dish?
It happened this week.
The two bigs asked for seconds, thirds and fourths, and Baby A noshed happily away.
So, of course, I have to share it with you.
It is a decidedly summer dish. (Don’t even think about making it once garlic scapes and sweet onions are out of season.)
I live in Georgia, so I used Vidalias. And yes, I know that makes me spoiled rotten.
It’s quick and easy and I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 TBSP fat (I used leftover bacon grease)
- 2 TBSP chopped garlic scapes
- ½ C diced sweet onion
- 1 head cauliflower (rinsed and then shredded in food processor or grated with box grater)
- salt to taste
- 1 C stock (I used oxtail stock that I had in the fridge but any flavorful stock would do.)
- Melt fat in a medium heat skillet.
- Add scapes, onion and a little salt. Cook until onion just begins to brown and is soft.
- Add cauliflower and cook, adding salt from time to time, and moving the veggies around frequently. Cook until just beginning to soften.
- Pour stock into the dish and stir to combine. Continue to cook until most of the liquid had cooked off.